commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Lang 2.6 based on RC1
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:18:43 GMT
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will test the release in the next couple of days, but I have one
> comment on the release notes.  Not enough for a -1 by itself, worth
> talking about if you roll another RC.
>
> I like the format and content of the release notes.  I don't much like
> the heading "TASKS IN 2.6" over the list of resolved issues classified
> as "update" in changes.xml, though.

I was trying to separate out changes that didn't actually affect the
code from the actual software bug fixes/enhancments. I take your point
though and I will fix it in the branch so that if a new RC is
required, then it will be fixed.

>   The text descriptions are taken
> from the issue descriptions and refer to the enhancement request,
> e.g., "Javadoc is incorrect for lastIndexOf() method"  Labeling these
> as "tasks" leaves open the interpretation that these are known,
> unresolved issues.  I think it is better to either just lump them with
> the "adds" or use labels like "New Features" (for the adds) and
> "Enhancements" or "Updates" for the "updates."

I look at re-doing the changes.xml - since the site isn't part of the
release and I will be copying the new 2.6 elements over to the trunk's
changes.xml if/when the 2.6 release goes out.

Niall