commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Unit test too slow
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 01:06:38 GMT
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Mikkel Meyer Andersen <mikl@mikl.dk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for noticing. It's probably the exact test that takes so long. I'll
> have a look at the test and see if a smaller example (fewer observations)
> will do. Unfortunately it won't be within the next two weeks.

I just commented out the (portion of the) test case that was taking
excessive time.  It is validating that the maximum allowable sample size is
accepted (as part of input parameter validation).  It runs a maximum-sized
test, which understandably takes a long time.  I think we can safely
eliminate that part of the validation, personally.

Phil