commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sandbox] new sandbox component
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 20:22:16 GMT
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Gary Gregory
<GGregory@seagullsoftware.com> wrote:
> [...]
l like obvious names. [Math] is obvious. [BSP] is not crystal clear but [Math-BSP] is.

> I always scratch my head when I read: '[ANNOUNCE] Project Zazibar releases version 2.3'
and nowhere in the announcement is a hint of what project Zanzibar is.

> [Math-...] makes it obvious that it is closely related to [Math]. But it's not as much
fun as Project Ka-Pow.

So far, we have mostly steered clear of cutesy, meaningless names in
Commons.  Personally, I would prefer that we keep it that way.  The
"old charter"  [1], which I guess is now somehow "deprecated" actually
requires "boring functional names."

Phil

[1] http://commons.apache.org/oldcharter.html