commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote][sandbox] Proposal for Digester3 sandbox
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:51:18 GMT
Hi all guys,
since it seems there are no objections, I would proceeding on creating
the sandbox. How should it be called? Digester3? how does it sounds
DigesterNG? :)
Just let me know, have a nice day!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Simone Tripodi
<simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks a lot guys,
> I really appreciate your support, help/suggestions come always in a
> kind and friendly way :)
> Have a nice day,
> Simo

> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Simone Tripodi
>> <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Matt!!!
>>> I always appreciate a feedback from you! I just implemented a spike on
>>> my local workspace so I still don't have idea if the API beakage will
>>> be so deep, I'll wait for more feedbacks before creating the sandbox,
>>> to see if there are objections. BTW thanks a lot for your thoughts and
>>> contribution!
>> <snip/>
>>
>> As I said elsethread, no objections at all for a sandbox spike (how
>> could there be any :-).
>>
>> -Rahul
>>

>>> Moreover you too indirectly inspired me to start this work, when you
>>> started implementing the new proxy features, with the static type safe
>>> DSL :P
>>> Have a nice day, all the best,
>>> Simo :)

>>> http://www.99soft.org/

can process the same XML configs, and retains the ability to plug in/adapt extensions written
against v2, breakage of other APIs (which should be minimal in such a library) isn't terribly
important.  Again, this is spoken from a position of ignorance, so feel free to tell me how
and why I'm wrong.

Digester

idea comes from a James
his