commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mikkel Meyer Andersen <m...@mikl.dk>
Subject Re: [math] meaning of "support" in distributions classes
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 07:23:48 GMT
Hi,

You're right, Phil. Support for beta is [0, 1] and not (0, 1) as stated on
Wikipedia. As you mention, support for continuous distributions is closed,
hence the corresponding isInclusive-functions can be discussed. I thought
about it being useful for infinity, but we could let users deal with this
themselves?

Cheers, Mikkel.