commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [CODEC] Base-n refactoring
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:13:12 GMT
I think I've now got the Base32 classes to a reasonable state. (More
tests are surely needed).

I decided to drop all the static encode/decode methods, as this
simplifies the class considerably.
Perhaps one are two are needed, but it might be best to release
without them and add later if there is a big demand.

The default buffer size is quite large (8192), so I added an
overridable method to define it.
Users would have to subclass Base32 to use it, but at least the option is there.
I did not want to add yet more parameters to the ctors.
If we ever decide to add an Options class then it could be added there.

If the API looks OK, I'd like to rework the Base64 classes to use it.

Thoughts?