commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Doing a Lang 2.6 release
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 00:26:38 GMT
On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 11:21 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 January 2011 22:46, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would like to do a Lang 2.6 release. I have ported some of the
>> compatible changes from the trunk to the LANG_2_X branch - details in
>> the release notes:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/branches/LANG_2_X/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>
>> The site is here:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/lang/
>>
>> Is there anything else anyone would like to include, or other comments/opinions?
>
> Generally looks very good. A few minor points:
>
> Is the src/pending directory still useful, or could it be deleted?

Its not been touched since 2005 so IMO we should remove it. It is also
still in the trunk, so I've removed it from the 2.x branch. If it
finds its way into the trunk then it could be considered for
back-poritng,

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-603 - I think we should
> remove - or implement - Cloneable

Theres related discussion about this here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-302

We can't remove the interface because of backwards compatibility - so
its either do nothing or implement clone(). I have added my comments
to that ticket.

> ExtendedMessageFormat.setFormatByArgumentIndex
> and
> ExtendedMessageFormat.setFormatsByArgumentIndex
>
> both use the {@inheritDoc} Javadoc tag - but there's nothing to
> inherit from. Either the tag should be removed, or maybe the method
> does not belong?

Both those methods were added to java.text.MessageFormat in Java 1.4

http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/text/MessageFormat.html

Niall