commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Giannakopoulos <miccagi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Explanations for MATH-459
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 00:38:42 GMT
Well, as far as this issue is concerned i have made lots of changes to the
current code in the repository. In order to be sure that these changes is
what you are expecting i would like to ask some questions... First of all,
we want the class "MathRuntimeException" in the package
'org.apache.commons.math' to be deprecated so we don't mind if some of the
new exceptions that are going to be used are based on the class
"MathRuntimeException" located in the package
'org.apache.commons.math.exception'. For example, an exception that is
frequently used in the code is
"MathRuntimeException.createIllegalArgumentException(...)" [see class
"ResizableDoubleArray" in package 'org.apache.commons.math.util']. If the
exception above is going to be replaced by "MathIllegalArgumentException"
which is located in 'org.apache.commons.math.exception' then i suppose that
our goal has achieved. Can someone verify this to me, so as to be sure that
i'm on the right way? Also, as Luc has said to one mail there are some
exceptions like "MathRuntimeException.createInternalError(...)" [see class
"RandomDataImpl" in 'org.apache.commons.math.random'] that can be replaced
by the default exceptions that java language provides (in our example the
aforementioned exception can be replaced with "InternalError" exception).
What should be done in these cases? Are we going to implement new exceptions
or should we use the default exceptions that java language provides? Thanks
in advance for your time reading this and i would be grateful if i would
hear from you!!! Any opinion would be useful!!! Thanks again!

Best regards,
Gianannakopoulos Michael