commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Coding and documenting guidelines
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 23:23:59 GMT
I personally find it more aesthetic and much more expedient to use a
standard style guide that many people are already familiar with (more or
less, often less).

Making up a new style guide is a waste of breath and subject to minor
aesthetic quibbles like whether to use a phrase.  The Sun guides are
generally very good and where they have minor issues, the virtue of being an
accepted standard trumps everything else.  For one thing, we can do
something productive in the code rather than argue about grammar and
punctuation.