commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1058602 - /commons/proper/math/trunk/src/site/xdoc/userguide/overview.xml
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:37:20 GMT
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Gilles Sadowski
<gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:40:20AM -0500, Phil Steitz wrote:
>> The name of our component is Commons Math, or "Apache Commons Math" not Commons-Math.
 If we want to change the name, we can talk about that, but that discussion should include
the broader Commons community as it departs from the branding we have elsewhere.  Please
revert this change unless and until we agree to the name change.

> I certainly didn't want to start a discussion about a name change.
>
> [By coincidence, we can see how some people are picky about different
> things; for me, reading a document with several different formatting rules
> for the same kind of elements is as disturbing as "Commons-Math" is for
> you.]

Yes.  Honestly in this case, it is partly an ASF issue.  See thread to
follow on trademarks and branding.

Phil