commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] SFTP UserDirIsRoot default value changed
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 15:33:11 GMT
Yes, the patch that was provided to add sftp included this change.  I can only presume it was
done to have the two match. Since I don't use FTP, SFTP or FTPS and I didn't apply the patch
I really can't say more and am not comfortable saying whether it was the correct thing to
do.  You would have to ask the person who supplied the patch what his reasoning was.

Ralph

On Jan 7, 2011, at 4:42 AM, Andreas Persson wrote:

> I found the commit causing the change. It's in the FTPS patch (VFS-264). This seems strange
to me, as the class SftpFileSystemConfigBuilder has nothing to do with FTPS if I'm not missing
something.

> (Maybe the intention was to have the same behavior for FTPS and SFTP, but then, why not
the same for FTP?)

> So, was is a deliberate change or not?
>
> /Andreas

behavior of the SFTP provider has changed from false to true. Was that an intentional change?
I can't find any notice about it in the release notice or JIRA (I only find VFS-265, but that
one is about FTP, not SFTP, and it is not implemented).