commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [csv] Fixes for commons-csv
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:03:38 GMT

On Jan 30, 2011, at 10:17 PM, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Jacopo Cappellato
> <jacopo.cappellato@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a committer of the Apache OFBiz project and I am using commons-csv for a project
at work.
>> I am wondering if there are plans to maintain the common-csv package; if I will submit
some patches and small enhancements will they be considered?
>> If there is interest around this, I  may also be available to help to resolve some
of the Jira task listed here:

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX/fixforversion/12313514
>>
>> in order to be able to issue a release.
>
> A word of caution - Commons policy is that no Sandbox components can
> issue releases (and csv is in the Sandbox). So you will need to
> persuade the commons community to promote csv to be a "proper"
> component first.

Thank you Neal,

I am aware of the policies for the Sandbox; at the moment I am more interested in improving
the commons-csv code a bit rather than having a proper component and then release and focusing
on the tasks that in Jira have been assigned to the "CSV1.0 version" seem a good start to
me.
But I understand that fixing all these issues doesn't mean that the product will be officially
released.

Jacopo