commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Windows binaries for daemon
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:40:22 GMT
On 01/18/2011 02:24 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> I am trying to build the Windows binaries for daemon. I've followed the
> various README files but am having problems. I can well believe it is me
> doing something wrong but before I spent too long trying to work out
> what I am doing wrong can someone (Mladen?) confirm which version of
> Visual Studio I should be using? I am currently working with VS6 SP5 as
> indicated by [1].

You will also need Platform SDK for Windows 2003R2 [1]
If building win32
Open command prompt and call vcvars32.bat
Then call <PlatformSdk>\SetEnv /SRV32 /RETAIL
so it's LIB and INCLUDE gets precedence.

After that see README.dev for invoking nmake

For x64 you only need
<PlatformSdkDir>\SetEnv /X64 /RETAIL
For ia64
<PlatformSdkDir>\SetEnv /SRV64 /RETAIL