commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1065146 - in /commons/proper/math/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/function/ test/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/function/
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 17:04:29 GMT
> > +/**
> > + * <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalised_logistic_function">
> > + *  Generalised logistic</a> function.
> > + *
> > + * @version $Revision$ $Date$
>
> $Date$ is Locale-specific, so causes problems when comparing source
> code with SVN.
>
> $Id$ is OK because it uses UTC, but it also includes the file name and
> last user id, so is fairly long.
>
> $Revision$ should be sufficient in general.

Is this a general suggestion for changing those tags in all of CM?

Since I started committing, I've always tagged every new file with
  $Revision$ $Date$
as was being done in all of CM.

See, for example,
  src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math/ode/nonstiff/AdaptiveStepsizeIntegrator.java
  src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math/geometry/Rotation.java
I think that the list is quite long...

Gilles