commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [MATH] Names of fields and arguments coincide (in reply to: svn commit: r1065146)
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 13:42:12 GMT
Hello.

> I noticed that you have code where fields and constructor arguments
> have the same name. As far as I remember that is not good practise,
> but I might be wrong :-)?

Most (all?) of CM follows this convention.

[Personally I prefer that fieds use names prefixed by an underscore
character so that when method or constructor arguments reflect the meaning
of those fields, one does not have to use the "this" keyword (i.e. I use the
convention where the '_' character means "This is an instance variable").]

Regards,
Gilles