commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] 2.2 compatibility issues
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 11:55:49 GMT
Hi.

> The clirr report run from the current MATH_2_X branch is, as expected,
> problematic.  To get 2.2. out, we need to agree on what breaks we are going
> to allow and what we are going to fix.   Here is a first cut and proposal
> for some immediate fixes that I would appreciate feedback on.
>
> [...]
>
> 4) Incompatible changes in the optimization package.

IIRC, some of the changes in "AbstractLeastSquares" were related to a bug
fix (performed by Dimitri). So this should probably not be reverted to an
older version.

This problem
---
Method 'public double solve(int, org.apache.commons.math.analysis.UnivariateRealFunction,
double, double)'
has been added to an interface
---
results from trying to prepare users for the change in 3.0

As is the case with "fields weakened to private".

For these, you could try to revert the changes.

Best regards,
Gilles