commons-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Persson <andreas.pers...@idainfront.se>
Subject Re: [VFS] SFTP UserDirIsRoot default value changed
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 12:42:34 GMT
I found the commit causing the change. It's in the FTPS patch (VFS-264). This seems strange
to me, as the class SftpFileSystemConfigBuilder has nothing to do with FTPS if I'm not missing
something.

(Maybe the intention was to have the same behavior for FTPS and SFTP, but then, why not the
same for FTP?)

So, was is a deliberate change or not?

/Andreas

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Andreas Persson [mailto:andreas.persson@idainfront.se]
Skickat: den 7 januari 2011 11:16
Till: dev@commons.apache.org
Ämne: [VFS] SFTP UserDirIsRoot default value changed

Hi,

I notice that somewhere between revision r897835 and r1054676, the default user-dir-is-root
behavior of the SFTP provider has changed from false to true. Was that an intentional change?
I can't find any notice about it in the release notice or JIRA (I only find VFS-265, but that
one is about FTP, not SFTP, and it is not implemented).

/Andreas