commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: [validator] url validation
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 09:04:54 GMT
Hi,

Alexander Rytov wrote:

> Hi Jörg,
>
> What about using standard java.net.IDN algorithm decoding?
> Bad things that it only available since java 1.6.
>
> Also that java.net.URI using old rfc2396 for compatibility issues.
> Please see

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17802_01/j2se/javase/6/jcp/mr2/#java.net

As far as I can see the upcoming version did "upgrade" the minimum JDK
requirement to Java 1.4 now ;-)

Maybe it's time to make a release and upgrade again to a minimum version of
Java 6 then.

> As i see it needed to create new UrlValidation class that new rfc3986.
> For example using org.apache.commons.validator.UrlValidator for old
> compatible purposes and
> change org.apache.commons.validator.routines.UrlValidator for new rules.
>
> What do you think about it?

Actually I am not involved in the development of validation, so I'd like to
see some comments of other committers ... guys?

- Jörg