commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject [pool] reorganizing pool2.impl package and new possible pool implementations
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:42:49 GMT
Hi all mates,
I'd like to propose a small stuff reorganization in the `impl` package
that is growing up and we could arrange stuff in a cleaner way.
I propose the following packages:

org.apache.commons.pool2.impl
                                           |---- generic
                                           |---- reference
                                           |---- stack

common stuff could be included directly under impl.

Moreover since we've the SoftReference pool implementation, I propose
to add a full set of java.lang.ref.Reference pool implementation, the
current one could become an abstract class using data structures of
java.lang.ref.Reference references, subclass just provide
PhantomReference, SoftReference and WeakReference specialization.
WDYT? Many thanks in advance for feedbacks/suggestions.
Simo

PS In the meantime, I'm taking care of removing synchronized methods
and making fields volatile, please review when having spare time! :)
Have a nice day,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/