commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons VFS 2.0
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 22:55:44 GMT
On 21 December 2010 05:21, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I have modified the release packaging so that the binary release includes release notes
generated by the maven-changes-plugin announcement generator.
> I've excluded doap_vfs.rdf from the src zip, although it isn't clear to me why this is
necessary, especially if there is some Maven plugin designed to process it.

Afaik, there isn't a plugin. The DOAPs are processed by a script
running on people.a.o.

The DOAP does not make sense in release archives (binary or source)
because it is updated after the release is created.

[The DOAP files contain meta-data about a component, and it's
confusing to have copies in trunk, branches and tags, so IMO they
should be stored elsewhere.]

> I have not included release notes in the src zip since my understanding is the src zip
should contain the directories pretty much as they exist in SVN.  Instead I have added a
README.txt that tells a user how to generate the announcement file.

I would prefer to see the release notes generated and checked into
SVN; they can then be included in both source and binary archives.

See for example MATH and NET (2.0)

> I've also updated the site main page to document the compatibility break.

> Is there anything else that should be done before attempting a final release?
>
> Ralph
>
> On Dec 6, 2010, at 7:49 AM, sebb wrote:
>
>> On 6 December 2010 02:04, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>> This is a vote to release Apache Commons VFS 2.0.
>>>
>>> Since the last candidate the package name was changed from vfs to vfs2. Many
of the Jira issues were reviewed and those that required a possibly incompatible API change
were addressed. Most instances of StringBuffer were replaced with StringBuilder. Some synchronization
issues were addressed. Many javadoc and some checkstyle issues were addressed. The filesystem
documentation was improved to list file system capabilities.

org.apache.commons-051 (u:rgoers, a:75.82.178.177) https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-051/

>>> commons-vfs2-examples-2.0-sources.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-examples-2.0.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-examples-2.0.pom
>>> commons-vfs2-examples-2.0-javadoc.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-examples-2.0.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-examples-2.0-javadoc.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-examples-2.0.pom.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-examples-2.0-sources.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-project-2.0-site.xml
>>> commons-vfs2-project-2.0.pom.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-project-2.0.pom
>>> commons-vfs2-project-2.0-site.xml.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0-sources.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0-tests.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0-javadoc.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0-test-sources.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0-javadoc.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0-test-sources.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0.pom.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0.pom
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0-sources.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-2.0-tests.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0.pom.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0-javadoc.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0-tests.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0-sources.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0-sources.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0-tests.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0.pom
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0-test-sources.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0-test-sources.jar
>>> commons-vfs2-sandbox-2.0-javadoc.jar.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-distribution-2.0-bin.tar.gz.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-distribution-2.0-src.tar.gz
>>> commons-vfs2-distribution-2.0-src.zip
>>> commons-vfs2-distribution-2.0-src.zip.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-distribution-2.0.pom.asc
>>> commons-vfs2-distribution-2.0.pom
>>> commons-vfs2-distribution-2.0-bin.zip
>>> commons-vfs2-distribution-2.0-src.tar.gz.asc