commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons VFS 2.0
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 16:33:29 GMT

On Dec 21, 2010, at 11:43 PM, Jörg Schaible wrote:

>>> But the RM should definitely *look at* the generated release notes and,
>> IMO, intentionally committing them is a good thing.  Nothing generated
>> directly from maven has ever met my expectations in terms of formatting
>> and
>> content, so I have always ended up tweaking the generated files.  I don't
>> see this as onerous, personally.
> Then why not generating it directly before the release manually, "finalize"
> it and commit it? After a release it can be deleted again in svn.

This is exactly what I'm thinking of doing with an enhancement to the release plugin, changes
plugin or a new plugin. release-prepare would then do this automatically.

> All we need then is a verification that the file exists while releasing.
> This can be done by the verifier plugin (best to bind the goal to the
> validation phase) in the release profile.

This wouldn't be necessary since the above plugin would fail if it can't generate the release

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message