commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons VFS 2.0
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 05:21:27 GMT
I have modified the release packaging so that the binary release includes release notes generated
by the maven-changes-plugin announcement generator. I've excluded doap_vfs.rdf from the src
zip, although it isn't clear to me why this is necessary, especially if there is some Maven
plugin designed to process it.  I have not included release notes in the src zip since my
understanding is the src zip should contain the directories pretty much as they exist in SVN.
 Instead I have added a README.txt that tells a user how to generate the announcement file.
 I've also updated the site main page to document the compatibility break.

Is there anything else that should be done before attempting a final release?

Ralph

On Dec 6, 2010, at 7:49 AM, sebb wrote:

> On 6 December 2010 02:04, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> This is a vote to release Apache Commons VFS 2.0.
>>
>> Since the last candidate the package name was changed from vfs to vfs2. Many of the
Jira issues were reviewed and those that required a possibly incompatible API change were
addressed. Most instances of StringBuffer were replaced with StringBuilder. Some synchronization
issues were addressed. Many javadoc and some checkstyle issues were addressed. The filesystem
documentation was improved to list file system capabilities.

(u:rgoers, a:75.82.178.177) https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-051/