commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: VFS 2.0 release notes
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 01:19:41 GMT

On Dec 21, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>wrote:
>>

>>> I would say that is up to the RM :)
>
> Did you add the above comment? It wasn't in my original email.
>

>> I personally don't have a problem with the out-of-synch condition.  What is
>> important is, like changes.xml or any other file, what gets tagged and
>> released.
>
> Well, this creates a problem. I don't want to do the manual step as the release should
consist of "mvn release:prepare release:perform".  I can easily add the release notes to the
zip but they won't be in svn since they are generated to the target directory and then copied
into the zip by the assembly plugin.  I've thought about putting them into a META-INF directory
to indicate that they were generated.

I decided to see how Maven handles this problem.  They don't include the release notes in
either the binary or the source distribution. Instead, they have the release notes as a separate
download from the download site.  http://maven.apache.org/download.html

I could easily do this as well if the download page was set up to support it.

Ralph