commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dimitri Pourbaix <pourb...@astro.ulb.ac.be>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept the package name/artifactId guideline as a "rule"...
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:47:25 GMT
Hi,

> Here is my rule: "if the binary compatibility is broken in a
> significant way, then the package/artifactId must change, however all
> binary incompatibility should be avoided wherever possbile".

How can one usesuch an ill-defined notion as 'significant' in the defini-
tion of a **rule**?  Either binary compatibility is broken or it is not,
it does not matter how many other packages are impacted.

Dim.
Dimitri Pourbaix                         *
Institut d'Astronomie et d'Astrophysique *      Don't worry, be happy
CP 226, office 2.N4.211, building NO     *         and CARPE DIEM.
Universite Libre de Bruxelles            *
Boulevard du Triomphe                    *      Tel : +32-2-650.35.71
  B-1050 Bruxelles                        *      Fax : +32-2-650.42.26
http://sb9.astro.ulb.ac.be/~pourbaix     * mailto:pourbaix@astro.ulb.ac.be