commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Maven groupId problem?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 01:57:50 GMT
On Nov 7, 2010, at 4:49 PM, sebb wrote:

> Just tried using Clirr to check whether the API is compatible or not.
>
> However, Maven Clirr won't work because it cannot find the previous version.
>
> The reason for this is that the Maven groupId has been changed from
> commons-vfs to org.apache.commons.
>
> I think this could cause classpath problems in Maven, and we should
> hold off releasing 2.0 until this is resolved.

I find this very confusing.  In trunk I cannot find a version of pom.xml in either the parent
or core that didn't have org.apache.commons as the groupid.  Even in the 1.0 tag the pom.xml
has org.apache.commons as the groupId. However, the project.xml used by maven 1 had commons-vfs
as the groupid.  So if someone checks out VFS 1.0 and builds it with maven 2 they are going
to get a different groupId than the binary release (assuming the Maven 2 build even works).

Ralph