commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons VFS 2.0
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 16:51:59 GMT

On Nov 5, 2010, at 9:36 AM, James Carman wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Jörg Schaible <> wrote:
>> As alternative: Can't we simply raise the minimum JDK level for VFS to 1.5
>> also?
> +1!  Quit living in the past.  Of course, we then have to discuss the
> package name (and thus artifact id) change. :)

It seems we had that discussion before and agreed it was OK to jump to Java 5.
I guess it was never formally done.  I had planned on doing some refactoring that I quess
I never got around to.

Note that the minimum version for 1.0 was 1.3. Whoever started 2.0 changed the minimum version
to 1.4.

If package names change it will require a bit of work.  I'm not sure there is anyone using
1.0. All the questions on the dev list have been for 2.0 for quite some time.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message