commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons VFS 2.0
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 20:00:34 GMT
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Simply bumping the JDK requirement is enough to go from 1.x to 2.x IMO.

Again, I'm going to harp on the consistency factor.  If we go to 2.0
without changing artifactId and package, then future releases will be
inconsistent.  See other threads about this discussion, as I do not
wish to re-hash it yet again.  For this release, since it's binary
compatible, we can leave it at 1.1 to avoid introducing an
inconsistency.  Others have argued that merely bumping JDK versions
isn't necessarily a reason to go to a new major version.