commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons VFS 2.0
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 02:49:37 GMT
On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure whether I agree. I think I mentioned that Java 7 has a new FileSystem abstraction.
http://download.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/nio/file/package-summary.html.  I  would
think VFS 3.0 would remove the API and just provide FileSystem implementations. So I'm not
sure how much effort is worth investing in V2.0 to move it to Java 6.

I saw something about this recently (if I had more sleep I could
probably recall where) and wondered about VFS.  Does this new API look
like it would do everything that VFS currently does?  If so, it's a
great step forward for the language, IMHO.