commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Maven groupId problem?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 02:32:50 GMT
On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> That said, I understand the implications of screwing stuff up.  I just think it is a
lot less likely that you will find 2.0 and 1.0 of VFS in the same classpath vs something like
commons lang. But if the consensus is to change the package names before doing a release it
can certainly be done.  Note that I raised this question in August 2009 when we first discussed
changing the JDK version to Java 5 (see the thread I referenced for that in the previous VOTE
thread).  I'm just a little miffed that I could have done this a year ago.

I can understand why you would be miffed.  Do you remember the first
person who replied to you in that thread and the first question out of
their mouth (http://www.mail-archive.com/user@commons.apache.org/msg03711.html)?
 Please review the discussion.  These issues were addressed.