commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <henn...@schmiedehausen.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] Maven groupId problem?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 02:43:13 GMT
Get a relocation in. problem solved. "commons-vfs" ->
"org.apache.commons". See e.g.
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/xerces/xerces/2.0.2/xerces-2.0.2.pom on
how to do that.

This should go into repo1:

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>commons-vfs</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-vfs</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.0</version>
  <distributionManagement>
    <relocation>
      <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-vfs</artifactId>
    </relocation>
  </distributionManagement>
</project>

This is an old, buggy location and it should be cleaned up over time.
Being locked into the mistakes of the past because some tool can not
understand it, doesn't seem to be reasonable to me.

-h