commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <henn...@schmiedehausen.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons VFS 2.0
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 02:45:47 GMT
I'd say that Java7 is still at least 12 months out and another 6-12
months to general adoption.

-h

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 17:41, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2010, at 8:37 AM, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
>
>> I would suggest that we (and in fact I started hacking around with
>> this) release a vfs2 which is Java6+ only and fully generified.
>>

> I'm not sure whether I agree. I think I mentioned that Java 7 has a new FileSystem abstraction.
http://download.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/nio/file/package-summary.html.  I  would
think VFS 3.0 would remove the API and just provide FileSystem implementations. So I'm not
sure how much effort is worth investing in V2.0 to move it to Java 6.