commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commons:download-page
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:35:08 GMT
The problem is you have the following in the pom.xml for VFS in the
<properties> section:

<commons.release.version>${project.version}</commons.release.version>

This version should be set to the current release and then the
download page gets generated properly. When you are cuttting a new
version you updated it and run commons:download page and commit those
changes. Then you're ready to cut the release. So for vsf I would
expect you to set it to:

<commons.release.version>2.0</commons.release.version>

Niall

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> commons:download-page doesn't seem to work correctly with mvn release:prepare and release:perform.
 If you manually invoke it before the release the files will be for the SNAPSHOT before the
release. If you run it after then they will be for the next SNAPSHOT version. The only way
to get the correct version is to run the command and then manually edit the file before performing
the release. It probably needs to be added to the commons version of the release plugin.