commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Maven groupId problem?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 02:11:12 GMT
On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I find this very confusing.  In trunk I cannot find a version of pom.xml in either the
parent or core that didn't have org.apache.commons as the groupid.  Even in the 1.0 tag the
pom.xml has org.apache.commons as the groupId. However, the project.xml used by maven 1 had
commons-vfs as the groupid.  So if someone checks out VFS 1.0 and builds it with maven 2
they are going to get a different groupId than the binary release (assuming the Maven 2 build
even works).

This is the only thing that really matters:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-vfs/commons-vfs/1.0/commons-vfs-1.0.pom

That's how it was released into the central repo.  I have no idea how
stuff got messed up, but that's what it shows up as and that's how
folks are using it.