commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] inconsistent use of random generators
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 01:14:43 GMT
It is also desirable to have a way to inject a test generator so that test
cases can be made deterministic.

In Mahout, we did this by having a static method in a utility class for
getting a standard generator for either testing or normal operation.  This
has turned out very well.

+1 on using a better default generator.