commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Maven groupId problem?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 02:48:12 GMT
On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Henning Schmiedehausen
<henning@schmiedehausen.org> wrote:
> This is an old, buggy location and it should be cleaned up over time.
> Being locked into the mistakes of the past because some tool can not
> understand it, doesn't seem to be reasonable to me.

The cat's sort of out of the bag now.  It pisses people (well at least
it does me) off when you start moving stuff around on them.  All of a
sudden, you start seeing "blah blah moved to blah blah" in your build
output.  VFS apparently wasn't a Maven 2 project at the time it was
released.  The source distribution doesn't contain a pom.xml file.
I'm more worried about how the tag is out of sync with the "official"
released source.  That's not good.