commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons NET 2.2 based on RC1
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:35:01 GMT
On 14 November 2010 03:31, Daniel F. Savarese <dfs@savarese.org> wrote:

> In message <AANLkTi=b5C+ZCOU8A7w17vZsWEPv+8dYNFYKCqMJ_C=7@mail.gmail.com>, sebb
>  writes:
>>This is a vote to release Apache Commons NET 2.2.
>>[X ] -1 no, do not release it because...
>
> I object to commons-net-2.2-javadoc.jar and commons-net-2.2-sources.jar
> being included in and unnecessarily bloating the binary distribution.  This
> has probably been going on by accident in previous releases and I just never
> noticed because I haven't touched the build system since the switch to Maven.
> I propose the attached patch to resolve the issue.

I'd not noticed that.

I agree that these jars are not needed (the Javadoc is already included anyway).

There's also no need for the commons-net-ftp jar, as that is a subset
of the main jar.
Easy enough to adjust the patch to ignore it as well.

Were there any other issues with the release?

I'd like to minimise the number of RCs so I'll leave this vote open a
bit longer for any other feedback.