commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <>
Subject [math] Eliminating MaxIterationsExceededException
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 00:16:29 GMT
Completing the fix for MATH-414, I saw that ContinuedFraction still throws
MaxIterationsExceededException.  I thought it would be good to eliminate the
use of the deprecated exception in trunk, but I got stuck because the
replacement, MaxCountExceededException does not allow the initial argument
to be passed and reported in the message.  In ContinuedFraction, we have
if (n >= maxIterations) {
            throw new MaxIterationsExceededException(maxIterations,

but MaxIterationsExceededException does not allow x to be passed in.  Should
we add a constructor similar to what MaxIterationsExceededException has
taking an Object[] to hold additional message parameters?