commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Commons Configuration 1.7
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:43:10 GMT
Moved from user's list.

On Nov 17, 2010, at 7:27 AM, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>

>> I'm not sure what you mean Jorg. VFS is an optional dependency so the Java
>> 5 requirement isn't an issue (although the doc probably needs to be
>> updated) and none of the changes made to VFS of late have had much of an
>> impact on Configuration.  I've checked several times.
>
> ???

I have no idea how you got the below but you did something wrong. All these were changed in
r1034667.

> ========== %< ==============
> $ find src/java -name "*.java" -exec grep org.apache.commons.vfs \{} +
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileContent;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

> org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileMonitor;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileListener;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileChangeEvent;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileObject;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

> org.apache.commons.vfs.VFS;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemManager;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileObject;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileName;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
> org.apache.commons.vfs.VFS;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemManager;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileContent;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileType;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemOptions;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemConfigBuilder;
> src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.UriParser;
>
> To release CC you have to build it and this means now Java 5. It does not
> matter here if this is an optional dependency. BTW: It cannot build against
> vfs 2.0-SNAPSHOT - you're using the old package name.

I use a Java 6 compiler, but Configuration's pom.xml is configured to require Java 1.4.  If
there were any problems they would have showed up when I built Commons Configuration after
the package was changed.  There would only be a problem if Configuration was using something
in the VFS API that was exposing something from Java 5.

Ralph