commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons NET 2.2 based on RC3
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 20:22:50 GMT

On Nov 19, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:

> Just a comment from me because my remark somehow started the whole discussion:
>
> As I pointed out with my +1 vote I do not see the lack of these jars as a blocker.
>
> However, I was a bit surprised that they were missing as it seems to be a de-facto standard
for commons components. I remember that at my first attempts as release manager for [configuration]
I was asked to add those jars. Also, we even had discussions about the content of the manifest
files in them.

> Personally, I do not need these jars because maven can download them automatically and
install them in an IDE. AFAIK, Eclipse supports attaching both source code and Javadocs attachments
to a library. So for some users they might actually be beneficial.

> As others pointed out in this thread, a common strategy for all commons components would
certainly be good.

This thread is a VOTE thread for a Commons NET release. I don't think this discussion has
much to do with a vote on the release which is why I started a separate thread to discuss
packaging.

Ralph