commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] @since markers missing
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 01:47:44 GMT

On Nov 14, 2010, at 5:41 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:

> [...]
VFS
>> team</a>

>> this way.

>>> I agree with all of your msg. I like the idea of author tags because it
>> allows automated tool to look at source code and gather said tags. But I do
>> not know of folks who actually do this.
>>
>> No point, because the author tags are rarely updated.
>> Much better to look at SVN history.
>
> This following point must have been lost in the back and forth: My POV is that we should
have author tags as "Apache Software Foundation" or "Apache Commons [Foo] Team" or a combo.
That or nothin'.

See above.

I've changed the checkstyle rule to enforce the "Commons VFS team" author tag.  It looks like
184 of the classes in core don't have those.  Frankly, I haven't been evaluating the checkstyle
issues in examples or sandbox since I started with over 10,000 errors in core (it is down
to less than 500).

Ralph