commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dietmar Wolz <drdietmarw...@yahoo.de>
Subject RE: [math] CMA-ES optimization algorithm
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:58:39 GMT
>Did you use the "MATH_2_X" or the "trunk" repository?

I think "MATH_2_X", but will test with trunk. I think the patch should
be against trunk?

>> modifiable. Should we create an additional interface extending
>> MultivariateRealOptimizer which covers this aspect?

>No.
>All the parameters must be passed as arguments to the constructors.

Ok.

>None of the CM algorithms do that.
>No logging is a CM limitation and sometimes a problem (e.g. for debugging).

Adding the possibility to inject a logger/plotter (for instance as optional
constructor
argument) were only the interface is part of CM would not violate the
"no external libraries requirement". But it would not make logging/plotting
completely
impossible when using CMA-ES.

> The CM "RandomGenerator" should be passed as an argument to the constructor.

Ok

Best regards, Dietmar