commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: How can I get Commons-net-2.1 Source and Binaries
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 19:46:07 GMT

In message <AANLkTinK_Lp_wHadpQfM5kOj47NrnTM-o5LaAPTRjbfF@mail.gmail.com>, Henr
i Yandell writes:
>I find myself wondering if Net should move to the Attic - is anyone
>active on it and likely to do a release?

That's really premature.  Net has a large user base, both directly and
via projects that depend on it such as VFS.  It shouldn't be difficult
to recruit new committers from the user community to maintain it if
there's a demand for new releases with new features.  I'm happy to do
little things (e.g., fix a bug here and there; answer user questions),
but I am not in a position to step up and shepherd new releases (although
I'll gladly find a user who's interested in doing so and nominate
him/her as a new committer).  I haven't heard anything about what happened
with Rory's intended fork, but maybe the time is right for him to return
and merge back his work, bringing along his collaborators.

daniel