commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1030464 [1/3] - in /commons/proper/math/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/math/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/integration/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/interpolat...
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 16:01:00 GMT
> > Log:
> > MATH-195
> > Created an unchecked "FunctionEvaluationException" in package
> > "exception".
> > Removed "throws" clause from interface "UnivariateRealFunction".
> > "PolynomialFunctionLagrangeForm": Added early check on the
> > interpolating
> > array having distinct points; removed redundant test in methods
> > "evaluate"
> > and "computeCoefficients".
> > "DividedDifferenceInerpolator": Removed redundant check.
> > "Mathutils": Added method "sortInPlace". Removed (most) references to
> > the
> > deprecated "MathRuntimeException" class.
> > "optimization.direct": Removed deprecated classes.
> > Javadoc clean up.
>
> Some of theses changes should have been on separate commits. [...]

This *might* be true, but not necessarily so; some changes/additions (e.g.
"sortInPlace" were cascaded from a previous modification, and were necessary
to allow compilation and/or tests to pass. Please trust me that I try to
change things by small bits. One cannot always easily foresee all the
implications of a modification, and it's simply not worth the time it
would take.
Also I'm not going to "svn co" a fresh copy of CM every time I
encounter an issue that should have been better dealt with *before* the
changes I'm currently performing (I already have two active ones).

All of the above commit is related to issue MATH-195 (the aim of which is
that all CM's exceptions should be in package "exception" and unchecked).
"sortInPlace" was added here because it made it possible not to change
something else (namely, allowing unsorted arrays).

Gilles