commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [IO] 2.0 RC2 available for review
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:44:38 GMT

James Carman wrote:
> So, call it 1.5

Hehehe.

Seriously, we have switched the minimal JDK requirement often between minor
versions (most prominent case is DBCP) and kept Maven G:A as long as it is
binary compatible. Comparing the gap from lang 2.x to lang 3.x, it looks
strange to me switching for io from 1.x to 2.0. What would be your intention
as a normal user with this versioning? Would you use it as drop in
replacement?

- Jörg