commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject [pool] introducing Enumerations
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:32:29 GMT
Hi all,
following Phil's suggestion to point out candidates for deprecation /
removal, I notice that both GenericObjectPool and
GenericObjectPoolFactory share WHEN_EXHAUSTED_* properties of type
byte to discriminate the action to perform when the pool is exhausted.
Do you agree on replacing byte with enums? I mean, in therms of
design, IMHO is much more elegant having something like:

    enum WHEN_EXHAUSTED_ACTION = { BLOCK, FAIL, GROW };

and at the same time provides to end users more clear API.
WDYT? just let me know, have a nice day,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/