commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1022080 - /commons/proper/pool/trunk/src/test/org/apache/commons/pool/impl/TestCursorableLinkedList.java
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:17:18 GMT
On 13 October 2010 15:36, Simone Tripodi <simone.tripodi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> Pool 1.X was using junit 3.8.1 for unit tests because of the Java1.3
> retro compatibility, this test broke the build because junit 4.X is
> missing in the classpath, so I'd take advantage and migrate to junit
> 4, any abjection? just let me know,

Oops! Done it again. I did test in Eclipse, but should have tested
using Maven as well.

I agree - no need to keep the dependency on JUnit 3.8.1.

JUnit 4.x still supports JUnit 3 tests (but not in the same class)

It's not trivial to migrate existing tests to JUnit 4 (some will need
splitting), but I don't have any objections if you want to convert
them.