commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] 2.0 prep
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 05:45:18 GMT
On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:
> If you are changing the groupId, there's no point in changing the artifactId.

It's like I'm reliving the same day over and over again, like the
movie Groundhog Day.  Am I the only one noticing the fact that we have
to rehash this discussion every time this situation comes up?  The
funny thing is that folks have a problem with changing the artifactId
which only relates to maven (and Ivy I suppose) folks and only
requires changing a pom.xml file here and there, but they're fine with
changing the package name which requires projects (even non-maven
projects) to do a source code migration if you want to upgrade.
Unbelievable.