commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1024551 - /commons/proper/daemon/trunk/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:47:36 GMT
On 20 October 2010 11:07, Mladen Turk <> wrote:
> On 10/20/2010 10:50 AM, wrote:
>> Another recent update
>> +* DAEMON-144: Drop sample dependency on Commons Collections
>> ExtendedProperties (1.0.4)
> Just wondering. Do we really need to list changes like that?
> From the release perspective, dependencies on examples have no
> real impact thought.

I did wonder about adding this particular JIRA.
However, we do provide the samples with the source release, so on
balance I thought it best to add the information.

> And IMHO RELEASE-NOTES should only carry out what might
> be important to the user. After all we have JIRA where
> they can all be viewed, so this is some sort of
> 'hand written JIRA summary' duplicate.

Yes, but RN are suitable for offline use; it's also not all that easy
to find the list of fixed JIRAs unless you know your way around JIRA.

Speaking of which, I think it might be useful to add some more info to
the release notes, for example as is done in IO [1]

Only has to be added once, but could be very useful for the user.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message