commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] Softening the exceptions...
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:51:10 GMT
Checked exceptions throw a burden onto the developer. He is forced to
do something. Why force this burden? It assumes something SHOULD be
done for these particular errors. I don't think that's realistic
(they're OS errors -- not business errors), which is why checked
exceptions have fallen well out of favor in the last decade.