commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Siebert <smsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Softening the exceptions...
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:53:59 GMT
+1 on this issue.

I use VFS on a couple projects and this is always a bit burdensome, and on
several occasions have indeed caught and rethrew RuntimeExceptions.  Even if
we can't/shouldn't soften them, what about typing them to be more specific?
 Having every method throwing a FileSystemException isn't always the most
helpful =)

Steve